Currently the following titles are available:
- Charlie Duke, Moonwalker – by Charlie and Dotty Duke
- You Can Be a Test Pilot – by Mark Jones Jr.
- Where Do We Go From Here: Analytical Tools to Help Leaders Navigate Uncertainty and Risk – by Mark Jones Jr.
Why is it called Rose Petal Press? I answer that question and explain the purpose of the Outliers – Who to Follow column here.
Charlie Duke probably isn’t a household name.
By the time you get to the tenth mission in a series of space missions, things start to become mundane…at least for us. The same thing was happening to the American people–by Apollo 16, they were too familiar with lunar missions.
Charlie is actually rather infamous in a non-famous sort of way–we all know how the Apollo 13 astronauts had a measles scare, because we’ve seen Tom Hanks acting out that story. Charlie was the astronaut who actually caught the measles and exposed the Apollo 13 crew to it.
You Can Be a Test Pilot is a book that does two things:
- It answers common questions about becoming a test pilot, but
- It also provides a strategy for charting a course to your dreams, for facing the unknown and making decisions, even when there is risk involved.
The book You Can Be a Test Pilot is only on Kindle. You can read an excerpt from the book here or go to the website of noted EntreLeadership expert Chris LoCurto to see a featured guest post about it.
This white paper manifesto is for technical leaders and provides both the inspiration and tools needed to navigate uncertainty and risk, to chart a course across the ocean of data we are drowning in.
It is written in the language of the aerospace industry, but it applies to a wider audience, though the content is more technical and requires a mathematics or engineering background.